- Timing - Generally it's best to do the biggest rides in the first hour that the park is open, at lunchtime, or in the last hour that the park is open, as the queues tend to be the shortest at these times. Plus, you can often beat the crowds by starting at the back of the park and working your way towards the front.
- Electronic Boards - These are located in various places around the park and display the latest queue times for many of the rides in the park, make sure you check these out to help you plan when to visit each ride.
- Parent Queue Share - On busy days parents with small children can get a special pass which allows just one of the parents to queue, when the first parent has been on the ride the second can go on without having to queue again.
- Early Ride Time - If you have an Annual Pass or you're staying at either the Alton Towers Hotel or the Splash Landings Hotel, you can enter the park an hour early!
- Single Rider Queue - If you're at the park alone or don't mind who you ride with, you might find that joining the Single Rider Queue reduces your waiting time. Available on Air, Nemesis, Rita, Thirteen, Sonic Spinball & Oblivion.
- Fastrack Tickets - These provide reduced waiting times for an extra charge: Fastrack Scream £12 (Air, Nemesis & Nemesis Sub-Terra), Fastrack Adrenaline £14 (Rita, Thirteen & Oblivion), Fastrack Adventurer £13 (Sonic Spinball, Runaway Mine Train, The Flume, & Thirteen), Fastrack Young Explorer £7 (Congo River Rapids, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory & Runaway Mine Train), Fastrack The Big Six £35 (The Smiler, Air, Nemesis, Oblivion, Rita & Thirteen), Fastrack Gold (once per ride) / Platinum (unlimited per ride) £55 / £95 (The Smiler, Air, Oblivion, Thirteen, Nemesis, Nemesis Sub-Terra, Rita, Ripsaw, Duel, Congo River Rapids, Hex, Sonic Spinball, Runaway Mine Train, The Flume, Enterprise, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Battle Galleons, Heave Ho & Marauder's Mayhem.